This meal reminded me of chipotle. Except, this was eleventy thousand times better. And it's homemade.
Note: I didn't add some of the "extras" on skinnytaste's website, but did add some of my own "extras". (like low fat sour cream and shredded cheese)
Ingredients:
24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
14.4 oz can diced tomatoes
15 oz can black beans
8 oz frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Shredded cheese
Optional: low fat sour cream
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste

Directions:
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Shred the chicken a half hour before serving. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Serve over rice.

![]() |
| Chicken has been shredded and put back in the crockpot, 30 mins before serving. |
![]() |
| After a half hour of sitting again... |
![]() |
| Final result. Served on rice with shredded cheese. |
Enjoy!





This looks really good! Will definitely be trying, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletethis is one of my favorite crock pot meals!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I was looking for a chicken recipe for this week, and I think I've found it!
ReplyDeleteYum! This looks great...thanks for the recipe :)
ReplyDeleteYermmy!
ReplyDeleteYUm!! I'm going to have to try this!
ReplyDeleteYum, I am trying this out!
ReplyDelete