Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Who Am I? I Am Me.

I saw a few posts today linking up for the



How can I not participate in something that is related to women connecting, making new friendships and learning about others?

I kept thinking of how I wanted to introduce myself. Should I start off by saying I'm a girl Mom? Should I start by saying I'm a former-high school teacher-turned SAHM? Or should I just say I'm a wife? And friend? And daughter and sister to an amazing family?

I'm all of these. Because really? Everyday, I play at least a small part of each of these roles.

I'm a Mom to a wonderfully sweet 26 month old that is an absolute ray of sunshine to anyone that meets her.

I'm a wife to a guy that I had a crush on for 11 years before we got married. I'm married to one of the funniest guys I know, that knows what food I'll order from a menu before I even open it. He loves me on my good days and loves me even more on my bad days. He is the man that made me a Mommy, and for that alone, I will always love him. But geez is he loveable anyway.

I used to be a high school Social Studies teacher. I left that role to stay home. And thus, my SAHM gig began.

I have friends. Some of the very bestest friends, actually. A few I've known since we were five years old. The others? We've been best friends since we were 13. That's almost two decades of friendship now.

I have an incredible family. Inspirational parents. Heroic family members that don't need their deeds to be mentioned because they're just happy to be.

I guess the role I find myself in the most, of course, is Mommy. But, even that sort of minimizes what I do.

When M comes to me during the day with a boo-boo, I'm a nurse. I may kiss the boo-boo, or brush off the dirt, or give M a super awesome barbie band-aid. But, I'm still a nurse.

Then there are times M comes to me, needing help with a toy. In that moment, my Mommy Hat changes to Mommy the Handywoman. I try to fix whatever afflicts the problem toy.

I'm also a counselor. I encourage M to try to do things on her own, tell her I'm proud of her, that the can be anything she aspires to.

I'm also a Comforter. Not the blanket type. But the "Come here, sweet girl. I'll hold you and make it all okay."

I'm a Wisher, too. I wish the world for my little girl. I wish that she knows only happiness and love and laughter. I never want M to know the bad in the world. I never want her to lose her innocence. It's naive of me, sure. But I'm a wisher, and I'm her momma.

When I do get to just wear my Mommy Hat, I get snuggles. And random "I Love You's," and kisses. Oh so many kisses.

 
I get to see this little girl grow, before my eyes, into a respectful, pleasant, beautiful and loving person that I have the honor of calling my daughter.



So, who am I? I am me.

I am a million different roles, all rolled into one.

11 comments:

  1. I really want to do this linkup but I am having a really hard time coming up with how to describe myself.

    I think you did a great job, I think a lot us mamas are a whole bunch of people rolled into one. Beautifully written.

    On a side note, M's hair is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you! Stopping by from Women Connect!

    Chantal @ Scattered Seashells
    www.scatteredseashells.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I can't believe you had a crush on your husb for 11 years before you got together. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! I'm definitely going to be a new follower. My baby girl is only nine months but. Feel we have a lot in common!

    Heavensenthunleys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful - your words and your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the fact of you having a crush on your husband for 11 years!!! Now I kind of want to know how y'all eventually got together?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband knows what I'm going to order before I open the menu too. So sneaky, these husbands. ;-) I was going to be a Social Studies teacher in a "former" life! I did my internship, got my degree and teacher's license....and then never got a job. I never imagined I'd be a SAHM either, but I LOVE it! Way better than teaching "boring" history to unenthused teenagers. LOL!

    Stopped by from Women Connect!
    Sarah @ GI Joe's Wife
    gijoeswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post. This one was hard for me. But once I started typing, my post just happened.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Really cute site! I would love it if you would check out my site at www.momssurvivingkids.com

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved