I'm giving thanks to a multitude of things because I genuinely wouldn't have survived the past few weeks without them.
Seriously.
Like The Husband? It's no secret that I'm a fan of his. But when I need him to, he not only does what needs to be done, but goes above and beyond. He's a huge blessing to me. So, yeah, I'm thankful for him.
And The Toddler? Where do I start. She shows me more patience and grace than I show her some times, it's true. And her unconditional love for her Papi and I can only be rivaled by her love for Dora. But, she's my little girl. My sunshine. She's my happiness and greatest joy. To say I'm thankful for her would be an understatement.
My appreciation for modern medicine has been noted before. Now before you think I'm some kind of pill-popper, which I assure you I am not, let me explain. My Mom had breast cancer. My Dad had cancer. Those two statements alone should explain why I'm grateful for modern meds. Thank the good Lord, my parents are still here, alive and well, enjoying life and their family and blessings. So modern meds? Thanks. I owe you.
Teachers. I am one, so it may seem odd that I'm grateful for my own profession. But, we're highly under-thanked, highly under-paid, and overly criticized. A lot of people don't know what it's like to work long hours, be disrespected by parents and students, work your arse off for a single student, only for the ungrateful kid to not do their part to succeed. And for teachers, seeing a student that does have potential but just lets it fall to the wayside? Makes us feel crappy. So I'm thankful that there are other teachers out there, like myself, who give 2000% and truly expect nothing in return. (although, a pay raise would be nice. just sayin')
Modern plumbing. I'm all for people having privacy. But outhouses? Not my style. And so I'm grateful, eternally, that people decided to move those little things closer to the home, enough where it became a part of the home. Because going outside at 7am to tinkle? In the middle of winter? Where there may be 3 feet of snow? No thanks. I will not pass go and collect $200.
Blogging. I have made some friends through the blogosphere that I wouldn't have been able to make otherwise. And honestly? Saying "friends" is an understatement. These ladies know more about me than some irl friends. And that's not sad to me. It actually makes me feel great to know that there are some people out there that truly are interested in what's going on in my life. So, I'm thankful for you ladies. And for the future friendships I'll make.
Cinnamon Buns. Good grief am I craving one of these in the worst way. My nephew ate one in front of me yesterday and I almost stole it from him. I'm just being honest here. But I was a good Auntie and just drooled the whole time instead of taking it. But nephew? What happened to the "sharing is caring" policy? Hmm? Anyway. I know I'll be super grateful for cinnamon buns in about 8 hours when I send The Husband to the bakery to get me some. He doesn't know he's going yet. But he will go. Yes, he will.
Lastly, I'm very thankful for my slow cooker. Because without it, we wouldn't have dinner some nights.
Amen.



I LOVE this post! So much to be thankful for!
ReplyDeleteThe slow cooker is my best friend! My husband would starve without that thing.
ReplyDeleteBOTH of your parents had cancer? My goodness, I cannot even imagine what you and your family must have gone through!
ReplyDeleteGreat list of things to be thankful for! Minus the cinnamon buns, because now I am drooling.
Modern meds are an amazing thing to be thankful for! So proud your parents are still here! <3
ReplyDeleteCinnamon buns?! Omg, I may ruin my diet today now. ;)
I love this! I love how its not the run of the mill things that we all say but its honest and deep.
ReplyDeleteI love this:):) I really need good slow cooker recipies. I hate cooking dinner after work, but I never use the sucker to my advantage.
ReplyDeleteand love that both of your parents are cancer surviors, makes me sooo freaking happy to know that you still have them with you:)
Modern plumbing! Yes, definitely on my list :)
ReplyDeleteI had cinnamon buns this morning! YUM!
ReplyDelete