Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bumpdate - 12 Weeks AND 14 weeks

I never posted my 12 week bumpdate because, well, I honestly don't have a good reason. I didn't write up a 13 weeks bumpdate post for laast week, but today, I'm 14 weeks, (how did that happen already?!) so I have that bumpdate included here.

*******************************************************

How far along: 12 weeks! (January 6, 2013)

What's Up with My Body: I'm still in that "hey Sel! You look a little pudgy..." phase and not, "hey Sel! You look pregnant!" phase. I know soon enough, I'll have the beautiful pregnany belly. But for now, I just look like a chunkamunk. And that's okay. Also? I'm ready for bed at any time that's already passed. Seriously. I'm ALWAYS tired. I don't remember the extreme tiredness with M. I'd say it's an extreme. And I dislike it greatly.

Emotions: Umm. Husband? I'm so sorry.

I was a PITA every.single.night. for a month after we first found out that we were pregnant. The Husband and I went from getting along beautifully to suddenly me being asked nightly, "What's going on with you? Why are you being so mean? Why are you being so crazy? Why why whyyyyy." At around 4:30-5pm, without fail, every day, I'd start to get in a bad mood. I have no clue why. I finally learned that I could control my bad moods by simply shutting up and letting go a little of my controlling tendencies... i.e., it's okay if dishes sit overnight in the sink. It's okay if The Husband isn't moving as fast as I want him to, etc., It's made a big difference. And, although hubs still thinks I'm a bit crazy right now, I'm blaming the hormones for all of it.

Food: At this point, I'm eating because I have to. In general, I'm not a big foodie. So, when I wake up in the morning and feel extreme nausea/hunger in the same instance, I know I have to eat immediately. I haven't really indulged in anything. As for food aversions, as it happened with M, onions make me want to barf. Ironically, I had just started eating onions again earlier this year. It took almost two years for that aversion to go away. We'll see this time.

Baby: At our first "let's confirm you're really pregnant, Sel" appointment, I was said to be at 7weeks 5 days. I told them I thought I was farther along, but they measured Almond, (what we've been calling Baby #2) and we were told the measurements don't lie. So, baby is measuring beautifully (yay!) and the heartbeat has sounded strong. (yay!) Grow baby, grow!

Labor Signs: Let's hold off on those for a while, k?

Stretch Marks: None. Yay!!! (and knock on wood!)

Using:  I didn't use anything with M to prevent stretch marks. I've read that it's more genetics than lotions. But! I do have Palmers Cocoa butter massage lotion on hand. I guess just in case I want to use it?

Nursery: Not in my realm of thinking yet.

Concerns: I didn't blog about M's birth because 1.) it was private and I didn't know that the whole world should know about my lady bits and 2.) there's really no way to write it out without scaring some people into never having kids. That being said, I feel like I should write/post the story now. I remember it like it was yesterday... As for concerns this time, I want a less painful delivery. I'll leave it at that for now.

Maternity Clothes: I'm not wearing any yet. I finally got down to my lowest weight in five years, and then got pregnant. I bought the smallest size I'd worn in 4 years. I can still fit in those, but the jeans are starting to get a little snug. I'm guessing I'll be in maternity pants at around 5 months. Same time I started wearing them with M.

Dreams: I've had a lot of scary dreams. And dreams where I'm a ninja. And dreams about randomness. Oh pregnancy dreams!

Funniest Daddy Moment? With Baby 2.0? None yet. The Husband is pretty funny with M though.

Classes? It'd be too early for any classes anyway, but we didn't do any with M. I doubt we'd do any this time around.

Something I want to always remember: How lucky I am to carry my own child. To only wait a year for this baby, when some people wait a lifetime for a child to call their own.

Size of baby? Large plum (2.5 in, .5 oz)

Weight gain? Two lbs. I didn't gain weight until my fifth month with M. So, I'm a little early in this area with Baby 2.0.

Sleep? HA. HAHHAAAA. I've been uncomfortable for a few weeks already. I didn't get to this point until I was around six months with M. Soooo, yeah.

Best Moment of the Week? Family pictures were taken, and we got a beautiful shot of M hugging my belly. Ahhh. So sweet.

Miss anything? Having energy. The end.

Movement? I haven't felt anything yet, but it was my favorite part of the pregnancy with M. I'm excited for it.

Food Cravings? Orange juice. Chicken caesar salads, which I can't have feta with, so there's no point in having the salad. Sad face.

Gender? I have a feeling on the sex, but we haven't had an anatomy scan done yet. We're not sure if we'll get one done or not. 

Symptoms? Lethargy. Like, extreme lethargy. It's been so bad that M and I have stayed home some days and all I want to do is sit on the couch. I don't for the most part, but oh.my.goodness. somedays I have NO energy. And I feel really bad about M not getting out a lot... but it's also in the middle of winter and it's freezing outside. So that makes me feel a little better about the not going out part.

Belly button in or out? In.

Looking forward to: Meeting my babyyyyy. Or for short-term, not feeling so freaking lethargic..

Next baby check-up?: end of January

********************************************************

How far along: 14 weeks (January 20, 2013)

What's Up with My Body: I feel like I'm still looking plumpy versus pregnant. I've been having debilitating migraines and am achy. I'm pretty much functioning at the level of a 90 year old.

Emotions: I think I usually have it all together. But then I cried when Simba saw his dad in the sky in The Lion King, and I started crying. I've never cried before during that part, so I'm blaming pregnancy hormones for that one.


Food: Meh. It's still hit or miss. I've eaten a few bowls of ice cream over the past two weeks. That's pretty much more ice cream than I've had in the past two years. Oh, and cadbury eggs are out in stores now, so I subsisted on those for a few days. But I would've done that regardless if I was pregnant or not. Soooo, yeah.

Baby: Baby Almond is the size of a lemon and is 3 in, 1.5 oz. (thanks pregnancy app for the fruit-to-size comparison!)

Labor Signs: none thankfully

Stretch Marks: I'd like to hold off on those while I can, thanks

Using:  tylenol for migraines. that's about it.

Nursery: what nursery? ha!

Concerns:  I found an ice pack from my labor with M. So now I'm starting to get concerned about labor pain ;)

Maternity Clothes: still not wearing any. yay!

Dreams: pregnancy dreams are still there, and still weird. really weird :/

Funniest Daddy Moment? ehhh? Hubs makes me laugh every day, so thus Baby Almond laughs every day (right?)

Classes? none

Something I want to always remember: that I'm so blessed to be able to carry my own child and to be responsible for creating a beautiful life

Size of baby? Lemon (3.1 in, .3.5 oz)

Weight gain? Still just those two pounds

Sleep? same as two weeks ago. I toss and turn and am awake most nights for at least a few hours, just listening to M turn over now and then, or listening to The Husband snore bissfully, while trying to control my anger. :)

Best Moment of the Week? M leaned over and kissed my belly out of nowhere.

Miss anything? Migraine free weeks.

Movement? None yet.

Food Cravings? Orange juice. Cadbury eggs...

Gender? I still think it's a boy, but who knows.

Symptoms? I'm not as tired as I used to be, but these migraines are trying to kill me.

Belly button in or out? In.

Looking forward to: not having migraines daily or every other day would be an awesome place to start for "what I'm looking forward to"

Next baby check-up?: still end of January

7 comments:

  1. So exciting Baby 2.0!! :) Love that M has been kissing the belly, how freaking presh!! Can't wait for more updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm a new follower from Thumping Thursdays. Have a good week!

    xo,
    Gwen
    http://junior-executive.blogspot.com
    http://green-bellpepper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have said congratulations on your pregnancy! So exciting that you are 14 weeks already - time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick...onions. I am not a huge onion fan but when I was pregnant I couldn't stand the smell. The morning I got into my car after my husband ate a sub with onions in it will live in infamy. Not. Pretty.

    For some reason when I was pregnant, the lemon comparison really excited me. LOL. I hope your migraines go away, I had never had one but in my second trimester I had quite a few. Miserable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this! How can you only have gained two pounds? I do that by LOOKING at a donut! haha

    So you think it's a boy? Any name ideas?

    How sweet that M kissed your belly! *sigh*

    I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I craved OJ with Gabe, and snickers. I think you might have a boy almond

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved