Monday, January 21, 2013

Yay for Awards

I was given this award by my irl friend Jacque. We've known each other for years. And by years, I mean we used to chat it up in Government our senior year of high school. Now, our kids play together and she just welcomed her second precious baby boy.



Here's the drill:

1. Post the rules.
2. Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
3. Name five things you love.
4. Name five things you hate.
5. Pass the ribbon on to five other bloggers. (Leave them a comment to notify them of their win)

Fabulous Moments:

1. giving birth to my daughter. sure, it was the most painful experience of my life, and I still haven't blogged the birth story because I'm not sure anyone wants to know the teeny tiny details, but giving life?! amazing.
2. it's so cliche, but marrying my best friend. I had a crush on him since I met him when I was 16 years old. marrying the guy you want? I still tell The Husband he doesn't get to go home from my place anymore. he's stuck with me.
3. completing my half marathon. I set my mind to it, and I did it.
4. students telling me I made a difference in their life. my high school students? they still email me to keep me posted on their lives.
5. becoming an aunt. my nephews rock. the end.


Hates:

1. mean people. they suck.
2. people that are unkind towards animals.
3. cartoons. not the computer animated type. the old-school type.
4. that I have no self-control when it comes to sour cream and onion rice cakes.
5. stepping on M's toys. I swear my life flashes before my eyes every time.

Loves:

1. staying up at night, cuddling with The Husband and just relaxing
2. my darling daughter. she's my mini-me, and if it were okay for a toddler to be my bff, she would be. forget it. she is my bff
3. the beach/shore
4. my Mom's cooking. nom nom nom
5. life

Other Fabulous Blogs:
1. Hallie She's hilarious, getting married soon and is a fellow dog mom. Go read. Thank me later.
2. Nikki If you need motivation to work out, or stories, at her expense, to make you laugh, go here.
3. Tennille A humorous take on married life, with posts on beautiful vacation spots, organizing an amazing home and life in general.
4. Selma A blog that focuses on almost anything and everything. Beautiful scenic pictures, cute jewelry, posts about life. A plus? She's one of the sweetest bloggers I've ever met.
5. Jen Anyone that says they run a race for breast cancer awareness in honor of your Mom has a special place in my heart. Jen has two beautiful boys and an adoring husband. She also is a fellow jager lover.

Go check these ladies out if you have a moment. You won't regret it.




7 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that you got to marry your best friend! And completing a half-marathon feels so rewarding! I like all of your loves and hates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same stepping on toy problem, except with the dog toys. UGH. WORST THING EVER!

    Thanks for the kind words about me and my blog. you are THE BESTEST:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I hadn't blogged H's birth story, so I went back and looked (because I was going to if I hadn't) and I HAD! Isn't that nuts?

    My half marathon is definitely up there on my list. Huge for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half-marathon? That's amazing! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out my friend :) I was happy to do it. And you know what? That race is still my fastest 5k ever :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved