Monday, January 21, 2013

Fun Facts About Me

I feel like we all have some little tidbits about ourselves we could share. Things a lot of people know, or very few.

I mean, we all want to know more about the person behind the screen, right? Or am I just nosey?

I decided to link up for this fun idea because a.) I bet I'll feel more normal about some of my quirks at some point and b.) because I'll realize how weird and quirky I really am.




Anyway. Here are some fun facts about yours truly.

•I like to make up choreography to songs. Like, shake it all around type of dancing. And anywhere. In the house. In the shower. In the car. Location doesn't matter.

•I don't share drinks. I haven't since I can remember. I don't enjoy thinking I'm having someone else's backwash in my drink, or their saliva, or just, ugh. I don't even share with The Husband. And if he DOES have the audacity to take a sip of my drink? It becomes his and I get a new drink.

•I can do a spot on impersonation of Bill Cosby in his pudding commercials.

•I can also do a decent impersonation of Seinfeld.

•My two siblings and I all are on the cusp of two zodiac signs. So, we cover six signs between three of us.

•When I was a teenager, I wanted to be the first woman in space. Then I realized Sally Ride shattered my hopes and dreams of that ever happening. I hated her for a long while. Then I had to put on a smiley face when I had to teach my high schoolers about her, as mandated by the curriculum.

•I will only eat extra cheese pizza. If there are other toppings, I'm not interested. I'm not a big pizza fan though, anyway.

•I slept with a Teddy Ruxpin doll by my side until I was almost 8 years old.

•I used to want to be Snow White because I have really pale skin like her with dark brown hair. I thought I was the next Snow White. This dream ended when I was 9 and realized Belle was cooler.

•I was born with only two wisdom teeth. I got the two I had taken out and was eating pizza that night. (Weird because I don't like pizza...)

•Clothing and shoes have to be color coded in my closet. Everything is in rainbow order.

•I was a baby model.

•I despise doing dishes. Maybe despise is too weak of a word for it.

•I use my feet to pick things up off the floor all the time. The Husband says I have four hands because of this.

•I passed on my curly hair to my daughter and somehow by doing that, I've lost a few curls. And my hair goes down to my badunkadunk. So it's long and semi-curly.

•I have a sick obsession with Michael Kors purses. I don't buy other brand purses even if I think they're cute. I'd rather save for another tdf M.K. bag. It's annoying.

•Up until M was 9 months old, she'd cry when I sang to her. She'd smile when The Husband sang to her though. Ironically, (or not) hubs has a beautiful singing voice and I, ummm, leave something to be desired.


So, dear friends, tell me some fun facts about you. Make me feel normal.

15 comments:

  1. I ROYGBIV everything in our closet too. And our clothes cannot mix together. I am on the left side (because it's bigger), and Michael is on the right side. I also will not wash our clothes together. He has his own hampers, too. I always place my cell phone face down. I dont know why. I have nothing to hide. But when I am done with it, it goes face down. I also sleep on my tummy, with my pillow ontop of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! I can just hear the Bill Crosby voice now! hahah

    I color code my closet in rainbow order tooo!
    BFF's:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you on sharing drinks!!!
    Great post, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. John is only one I will share drinks with but it's very rare. Thinking of sharing drinks or eating off the same utensils as others, including my kids really creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing with my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to color code my clothes. I really need to do that again. It makes things easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pizza but will only have cheese as well! My bestie won't share drinks either...she's the same where she'll get a new one if even her husband takes a sip of hers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you meet someone who loves doing dishes send them my way. I don't like at all. This was fun- loved getting to know even more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love these posts. I should do one of my own. I have lots of quirky things. My closet is organized, but not by color, by sleeve length and style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do the choreography thing too, and the monkey foot thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pick things up with my feet ALL.THE.TIME! My friends call me monkey feet because of it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this, and I do pick up some things with my feet too. So normal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to hear your Bill Cosby impersonation! You should do a vlog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making my own choreography to songs too! I actually think the way they should dance it in my head. I can't do it, but I pretend. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I love choreographing to songs. I used to do it semi-seriously in high school, now I just play around.

    I HATE sharing food/drinks with people. Nate doesn't understand either - he says, "you'll kiss me, but I can't eat after you?" That's right buddy!

    I need, NEED to hear your Seinfeld impersonation. Stat. Vlog?

    My closet is totally color coordinated. My OCD self is happy.

    I love picking up things with my toes like a monkey. I mainly do it because I'm too lazy to sit up and get it with my hands.

    Annnd, my dog whines, twiches his ears and buries his head when I sing. Oh well. ;)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved