Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Future-Teller?

I was bored at one point really early in the year, last year, like around January/February, I believe, and I went on facebook to read some of my old statuses.

I came across one that stood out because it was completely totally three thousand percent different from where I was in life from when I wrote it, to the present.

Like, I found it humorous.

I remember writing the status. I remember where I was when I wrote it - in bed, visiting at my parents house, all comfy and cozy. I remember laughing at the responses people wrote.

The status update I wrote, with the responses:


In case it's not clear what my status was, I wrote:

I had a nightmare that I was a mother of two. Yikes.

As we all know, I already have one terrific kid. So, I'm already halfway to this "nightmare."

My friends, Aunt and best friends then commented on the status.

I responded to a few people by stating:

I'm not made to be a Mom. Plus, my kids would never be as cute as your daughter. (specifically referring to my friend Sara's comment.) Mine would probably be little hell-raisers.

I've stated it on the blog before that I hadn't wanted kids. I think another reason I enjoyed teaching, actually, was because I could give the kids back at the end of the day. I'm sure it sounds bad, but it's how I felt.

But when we got pregnant with M, that all changed. I was going to be a Mom, made peace with it, and love it. Funny how life laughs at us.

The last two comments on the status were from two of my three childhood best friends. They know me better than I know myself, and so far, the third best friend and I are the only two with kids.

But, the funny part about the status? Is that I said I had two kids.

And, well, that's about to happen.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure you will totally rock the mama of two thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how things change. I used to tell everyone that I was allergic to children, and would never have them. I still don't have them, but my allergies have definitely vapourized. Must be that whole "senses change every 7 years" thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. I am the complete opposite, I wanted babies when I got married at 24, 10 years later...and they still evade me;) funny how life works. Cute way to announce:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation, this is an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopping by from Aloha Friday and I am now your newest follower. I look forward to a long blog relationship with you and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

      xx
      Serena
      www.theserenasaga.com

      Delete
  5. Aww I love this :) Funny how much our own children change us...and for the better!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved