Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blogger, Meet Bloggers

This past weekend, Mia organized a Virginia bloggers meetup.

To sum it all up: I had delicious food with some hilarious ladies that felt like old friends to me.

Mia is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Seriously. I consider myself so lucky to have her as a blog friend AND an irl friend. And, thanks to Mia organizing the event, I now have other local bloggers to call friends, too.

All of the ladies are fun, lively and beautiful that have have fun blogs.

We went to P.F. Changs. It was my second time ever going to the restaurant, my first being on a date with a Navy Seal when I lived in Virginia Beach in 2005.

Anyway.

I feel like I was definitely a little awkward. I mean, when I'm nervous, I talk. And talk. And talk.

Y'all. I talked about M's birth story. I mean, who the hell does that with women you've just met?

Talk about awkward.

And then there's the whole me arriving 20 freaking minutes late to the lunch, because I dropped The Husband and M off at my in-laws and had to make sure all was well there before I was on my way. That's my OCD and over-worrying self for you.

For someone who is normally punctual? Being late was a big fat FAIL. And embarrassing.

And it was a little awkward, on my part, when everyone was chatting and I'm all, "Hi! I'm Sel. I'm the asshole arriving super late to this fabulous lunch." I mean, I said that in my head. But still.

I was too busy chatting the ladies' ears off to take a lot of pictures, but I did get one of a few ladies taking pictures of their food. You know, for their blog of course. (I love that they did that.)

And the last picture is our group picture. (Big thanks to Melanie for getting the pic!)





15 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you for your sweet words! I adore you and your fabulous self. And no worries at all, your little girl comes first! I think we all can relate to and understand that. :) Besides, I think you just wanted to make a dramatic entrance with that beautiful yellow coat. I'm onto you, girl. ;) Hehe jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I need to find some bloggers in my area to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up! Your daughters birth story was definitely hard to listen to, but then it is YOUR birth story to tell! Not everyone's story is rainbows and bunnies!

    I am opposite, when I am nervous I don't talk! We balance each other out! Can't wait for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally j, I wish I lived in Virginia instead of bum-f*** Mississippi. Sounds like you had a fun time! PF Changs is the bomb diggity! Mmmmmm crab wontons.....*homer simpson noise* My cousin's live in VA, maybe I can visit them one day and we can meet up LoL
    Don't worry about being late, you're pregnant so they can't get mad ;) heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't mind your story...we moms go through so much for our little ones! I really think you should blog it. :) Can't wait for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was nervous the first time I met up with some NJ bloggers. We have since met up two more times and we always have things to talk about. Love the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh how fun! I'm glad you got to meet some other blogging gals :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! Looks like a great time and a fabulous way to meet new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! And PF Chang's??? I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard M's birth story, but I am hoping for rainbows and bunnies when it's my turn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, no worries on you being a little late! Such a great time and hopefully we get a chance to talk more next time! :) I'm kinda sad I missed hearing about this birth story though! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in Virginia! I wanna come to a get together! So glad y'all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I found your blog through Caitlin, and I'm in Northern Virginia, too! It's nice to know there's a group of "us" out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha you're hilarious! you were definitely not awkward, but if you were, it's totally understandable.. it's awkward meeting people for the first time, right? or, is that only me? haha. i can't wait for the next one! just catching up on everyone's posts now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved