But the things she says? Amaze us, on a daily basis. I really do pray she always has such an innocent and sweet heart.
Convo #1
While "helping" me match socks while sorting laundry, M saw my Grandpa's WWII helmet.
M: What's that, Momma? (pointing to the helmet)
Me: That's my Grandpa's war helmet. He was a hero
M: Your Grandpa? (sounding surprised)
Me: Yes. I miss him a lot
M: Why don't you go to his house? You wanna go?
Me: Well ... I wish I could ...
M: You wanna give him a kiss?
Me: I'd love to. But, I can't. He's not here. I just miss him. And my Grandma
M: You miss your Grandma, too?! She's at home too. You wanna visit? We'll give them kisses!
Me: I wish, sweety. But I can't. They're not here. They passed away
M: They passed away?
Me: Yes. They're in Heaven. I can't really see them. Only in my dreams. Dreams are good.
M: You want to see them ... They're with the stars!!
Me: Uh, well ... I guess you're right. They are with the stars!
M: Let's give them kisses. I want to see your Grandparents.
Me: Me too.
And I was pretty much holding back a Niagara Falls worth of tears at the end.
Convo #2
Me: Let's go to the grocery store and buy some fruit and veggies, okay?
As we're walking on the sidewalk after we park the car, M said, "Momma, give me your hand. Give me your hand!"
I grabbed her hand and as we were walking, M said, "Momma, I had fun today! I had lots of fun today!"
Isn't that what it's all about?
Convo #3
M and I were sitting next to each other. Out of nowhere, M grabbed my arm, squeezed it and said, "Aww. My parents make me so happy!! I love you Momma!"
Me: Parents? Your parents make you happy?
M: Yes! They do!
Me: Who are your parents?
Thinking only for a moment, M replied, "Momma! And Daddy! My parents!"
Convo #4
M: I love you, Momma.
Me: I love you more!
M: I love YOU more!
Convo #5
M: My friends! They're outside! Look Momma!
Me: I know, baby. But it's snowing. We'll go out when the snow stops.
M: Aww. They have a sled! I don't have a sled.
Me: We'll get you one, okay? When it stops snowing.
M: Ooookay.. But I HAVE to go play with my friends. Pleeaassseee. I need a sled, too, okay?
Convo #6
Me: Ahh! I just cleaned your easel. You're making a mess, silly! (in a playful voice)
M: I'm coloring! A dinosaur. Okay? That's all!
Convo #7
I got M dressed in her usual - a cute outfit with a tutu. M put one of her necklaces on, her hat and some jeweled rings.
Me: Oh my! You're ready to go, huh! You look so cute!
M: Hold on, Momma, okay? I gotta look in the mirror. Hold on, k?
Me: Okay...
As M gets to the mirror and sees her reflection, she smiled a huge smile and said, "Oh, I look beautifuss! So beautifuss!" And then she twirled.
(we say beautiful and beautious, so she's combined the words)
Convo #8
M came into bed this morning at 5:30 am. I woke up at around 8 for the day. I was playing around on my phone when M woke up next to me a little while later. I looked to my right as she was waking up, and she lifted her head up (she'd been laying on her stomach), and all I could see over my right arm were here eyes and forehead. I smiled at her and said, "Hiii!!" M smiled the biggest grin, sat upright, put her hand on my face and said, "Hi Momma. You're a beautiful girl."
And then I melted.
And these are the convos I live for.


kids are so sweet. maybe she is right about that first one - you should go outside on a clear night and send kisses to the stars.
ReplyDeleteAww so lovely <3
ReplyDeleteNoor @ Noor's Place
Join My Giveaway
Awwww! What a sweet little girl :)
ReplyDeleteThese are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteokay my baby fever just flew through the roof!
ReplyDeleteand I might have teared up at the first conversation. SOOO aaaadorable.
you are one lucky momma, and she is one lucky little girl!
heart=melted.
xo
Best post ever!!! :) made me smile and happy too.
ReplyDeleteOMG I love these. I hope my little Emma says things like this to me one day.
ReplyDeleteAwe so so sweet!
ReplyDeleteomygosh, this is so adorable! you made me smile at work with you and your daughters convos :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to cry!!!! :( Such sweet convos, I love M. Can I borrow her for a day? I have 2 boys, I need some girly-ness in my life. :)
ReplyDeleteAww what a sweet girl! I keep telling myself I need to write down my convos with the boys.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet! I can just picture them. <3
ReplyDelete