Monday, April 8, 2013

Catching Up

It's Monday. It's warm and sunny. I have more blessings than I could ever truly acknowledge. And I have my family. Life is good.

And with that, here's some catching up from yours truly.

•I want to do something with my hair. Being that it is so long right now that it hits my badunkadunk, I want to go for a change. But last time I did that, I went from my current length to chin-length hair. Which I don't want again. So back at square one I go.

•I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and feel okay most days. Some days I get this weird feeling if I don't eat a big enough breakfast - I thank G-d everyday for my daughter who takes it easy on me every single day and knows when Mommy needs to sit and rest for a little. My husband picks up my slack too. Have I mentioned I'm lucky?

•Speaking of my wonderful 2.5 year old - she is constantly saying the most hilarious things. And? She is so freaking smart. I have to do another post on "Things M says," because, my kid? Hilarious. And sweet. And witty. And she's the best. So yeah.

•We finally had weather yesterday that allowed us to be outside for longer than 5 minutes without freezing. It was so much fun. The Husband and M played t-ball. M has perfected riding her bike. We drew with our chalk. Yay for warmer weather!
Even in that picture she looks so big! Where does the time go!?!?

•We have started our daily after-dinner walks now that it's warming up. It's pretty much one of the highlights of my day everyday. This was from yesterday. Daddy and his girl holding hands? I'm a puddle.

•The Husband loves the Game of Thrones show and books. I'm trying to get into the show so I can partake in his happiness. I'm trying. It's an ongoing effort.

•I'm excited for a blogger meet up going on next month. These ladies have been such a blessing in my life - the blogging community can be such a beautiful thing.

•The Husband's and my anniversary is coming up in a few weeks. I need to figure out what gifts I should get him according to traditional and contemporary rules. I'm old school with that stuff. So is hubs, so it works.

•We've been looking for a house. It's another post all on it's own, but OHMYGOSH it's a sellers market here, which is a 180* from 6 months ago. So, patience patience patience. Have I mentioned I'm working on being more patient?

•I miss my kid when she sleeps. I see so many people say on social media, "is it bedtime yet?" or "I'm MAKING my kid stay in their room or take a nap or blah blah." And honestly? I've neither said any of those comments nor looked forward to being away from my kid when it's bedtime. My Husband hasn't either.

•Sometimes, I've edited what I really want to say on my blog because I don't want my words to come across as something they shouldn't. Or because I don't want to upset someone. Or because I don't want to stir the pot. But, I've had this blog for several years now, and I've finally come to an internal understanding that if I don't post how I feel, deep down about some things, then I'm not being true to myself. And on my own blog? That's unacceptable.

•M and I went nail polish shopping the other day. Her favorite colors were all Essie polishes. Girlfriend has expensive taste. I however, found some pretty polishes from a designer I hadn't heard of before. And I'm still obsessed with my Deborah Lippmann polishes.

•I still watch Teen Mom. It's my guilty pleasure.

Happy Monday, y'all.
 

10 comments:

  1. Olivia hasn't perfected her pedaling skills yet - we are still working on it, BUT if the weather would cooperate then maybe more outside time would help!!!

    ...oh and I still watch Teen Mom - it's one of my favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the relationships I have made through bloggin! I just wish we all lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she got to play outside since the weather was nice. What about keeping the length and just doing shorter layers through might make a difference? Glad your feeling pretty good and that is sweet he is helping out it should be your spoil time! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the photo of M riding her bike. :) Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some serious hair! I'm curious to see what you decide! It sounds like your pregnancy is going well, that M is being awesome, and your hubby is being sweet. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna come to your blogger meetup!!!

    That pic of the two of them holding hands is entirely too sweet.

    I agree - you must always post how you feel on your blog! It's what makes it YOU. I have a hard time adhering to this, but I'm working on it.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a blogger meet up? serioulsy send me the deets I am booking my ticket like now.

    I need to catch up on Teen Mom, but sometimes I am just too drained to partake in their "horrible" lives.

    oh and have you watched World of Jenks on MTV. probably my favorite show right now.
    check it:)

    luhh you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I know I keep saying it, but I'm still so freaking excited to see you next month. And be *that girl* who just stares at your belly in total bliss. haha. :) #creeperstatus

    And I really want to do the after-dinner walks with the boys. I get so tired in the evenings after work, but that's not an excuse, I need to just get off my butt and do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so the mom that sometimes wishes for bed time. but then i go crazy stalker mom and watch her sleep because she's just so dang precious and i MISS her. i need help. clearly.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved