Do you hate me now for getting that song stuck in your head?
Are those even the correct lyrics?
I have so many posts sitting in "drafts" here on le blog, but finding the time to finalize the post and well, actually hitting publish is something entirely different.
I miss this little space and I miss you all.
Anyway.
I have my glucose test this morning. I'm actually a little nervous, truth be told. I have no clue why. I mean, I could always fail the test. So maybe that's why I'm nervous. But it's weird to me that I wasn't nervous about anything when I was pregnant with M. This pregnancy? I feel like I'm walking on broken eggshells sometimes.
I think a lot of it is the "more you know" type of thing. I know I can fail this test. I know that entails more testing. I know what GD can mean now.
So, sometimes ignorance is bliss, I've come to learn.
My Mom is coming with me to the appointment. And M is coming, too. No one went with me when I took the test when pregnant with M. But you see, I recently read articles about women passing out from the sugar levels changing so quickly. Did I pass out last time I took the drink? Nope. So why am I nervous about passing out this time?
Ignorance. Is. Bliss. I tell you.
But my Mom, M and I will have a girls day and I know it'll be fun and filled with laughter and much needed time together. There really isn't anything that some time with Momma-dukes can't fix.
As for other pregnancy updates:
I'm around 28 weeks now. I saw on a pregnancy app that I have about 12 weeks left of this pregnancy. How did that happen? Where did the time go!?
My heartburn may put me in the hospital. Okay I'm kinda sorta kidding. But not really. I've been supporting Tums and I guarantee their stocks have risen in value since about two weeks ago. I didn't need tums with M until I was about 8 months. I'm learning to enjoy the different fruity flavors that Tums offers this time, though.
I feel like sometimes I have a pinched nerve in my back. Occasionally, it hurts a lot to walk. Yet other times, I'm okay. Random, I guess.
I'd really like to sneeze, or cough, or pretty much do anything, without wondering if I should've worn some type of adult diaper. Kidding...
I still haven't written M's birth story. Not because I don't want to. Because I do! Honestly.
But I think I may scare people into not having a kid. And how much detail is too much for the interwebz? But the story should be told, for my recollection as well as M's. And perhaps someone can learn from the story.
So I think I'll get started on that soon.. I'm sure I'll be emotional writing it. Because if there's anything my darling husband and I have learned this week? It's that my hormones have been a little whacky.. {umm, sorry for my craziness this week, babe. And thank you for putting up with me.}
Hopefully I'll be back soon with news that I passed the glucose test. And that I don't have a pinched nerve. And that my hormones aren't driving my husband crazy.
Happy Friday, friends!


I hope everything went well this morning! Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear the story! As for how much you should divulge... Say whatever is comfortable for you! This is your story. Tell it how you want :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck today! And enjoy the day with sweet little M and your mama :)
I am so excited to hear M's birth story!!
ReplyDeleteannd you are totally allowed to be an emotional mess, me on the other hand. I am emotional mess, for absoutley no reason at all!
I hope the glucose test went well. I failed it by three points the first time and my doctor was kind enough to let me take the 1 hour again instead if the 3 hour which I passed with flying colors.
ReplyDeleteI haven't done a birth story for Violet because I don't want to scare people. There is a fine line lol.