Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Beloved - 3rd Edition

I remember writing this post and suddenly, it's a year later. An entire year later of belly laughs, cuddles, late-night conversations about life and kids and the future and how we still can't believe we're married. We've had another year of going back and forth over "what's for dinner?" and a response of "whatever you want, babe!"

The past year included a lot of prayers over having Baby #2, (and here we are at 28.3 weeks!)  buying a house, (hopefully the offer we made yesterday gets accepted!) and over where in life we'd be at this point.

I'm so proud of us. I'm proud of us for overcoming minor obstacles. I'm proud of us for supporting one another during the loss of some of our most treasured persons in our lives. I'm proud of us for enduring and being patient with each other when sometimes? We just wanted to scream at each other. What's love if it doesn't sometimes drive you crazy, right?

I love the life we've made with each other. Our beautiful daughter M is the best of both of us. She is the reason I live, and without a doubt, is the reason you do everything you do, day in and day out, for this family. I know you say you're the lucky one, but M and I are pretty darn lucky ourselves.

A few nights ago, you got in bed and said something to me right before you laid your head on the pillow. I have no recollection now of what you said, but how you looked at me? With those gorgeous brownish-hazel eyes? Made me think back to when we were 16 and 18, and all I ever wanted to do was see your face before I went to bed at night.

Ironic how life gives you what you need.

And I need you.

You make me be a more patient person. You have made me realize that coloring on the walls isn't a bad thing. There's actually a lot of beauty in your child feeling the freedom of being able to express their creative side without fear of punishment.

You've shown me that life doesn't have to be perfect and spotless and stressful and full of plans and organization. That sometimes, the spontaneous moments, and playing in the dirt and mud, and the "I made a mess!!" times are often the funniest and most loved moments. Most treasured moments, really.

This past year, I loved you harder, more deeply, more passionately than I ever have before. More than I ever knew I could.

And that? That's not just love. That's extraordinary, found-your-best-friend-AND-soulmate love.

How lucky am I to have my soulmate, better half and best friend all in one person?

I love you. I may not show it as much as I should. Or say it as much as I could.

I may be a pain in the butt at some point everyday sometimes, but you handle me at my worst so well. Thank you for loving me when I know it isn't always easy to.

Happy Anniversary to the guy that makes me feel like I've pulled a muscle from laughing so hard, on a constant basis. To the best Daddy to our little girls. To the guy I fell in love with 13 years ago.

You're my everything.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary this is such a beautiful post! Good luck on the house I hope your offer goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE this! Happy Anniversary, friend!

    And good luck on the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this made me tear up. So sweet. Happy anniversary, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, this gave me major chills. So sweet. You're both so lucky to have each other! happy anniversary :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happppppy Anniversary! I hope to be as lucky and blessed as you are in a couple years. I loooove you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my sob this was soooo sweet and beautifully written. It made me feel more in love with my hubby just reading it. Yes, you are lucky to have him but he is so very lucky to have you too. And to have someone who expresses her love so openly and eloquently :) happy anniversary to you crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved