Monday, May 13, 2013

30 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 30 weeks (May 12, 2013)

What's Up with My Body: I want to say the harder days of pregnancy have arrived. But having been through this rodeo once before, I know that things can/may get worse. This past weekend were my hardest days of both pregnancies so far. I think I've had some type of stomach virus the past few days. That, coupled with me not drinking enough, had me feeling what I thought might be small contractions. I laid in bed the entire day Saturday, trying to just rest and drink water. I've been drinking more water, but I'm not a natural at drinking a lot. So I've been forcing myself. 

Emotions: I think I've been even-keeled lately. My husband hasn't said I've been driving him crazy, so I'll take this as a good sign.

Food: I've been wanting fish lately. Tuna, salmon, etc.

Baby: active little girl! I love it!

Labor Signs: none, thankfully!!

Stretch Marks: same one as before

Using: nada

Nursery: We're in the process of buying a home, so as soon as we're in a new home, the nursery is at the top of my list to work on. My priorities are straight, obviously.

Concerns: Drinking more water to avoid feeling the scariness of this past weekend.

Maternity Clothes: I'm living in maxi dresses. And some maternity cargo capris. Super cute stuff.

Dreams: no major ones I remember

Funniest Daddy Moment: The Husband said something yesterday and said, "my girls something something..." I just caught my girls and got so excited. Plural. More than one. Eek! Hubs didn't realize what he'd said until I pointed it out. So cute.

Classes?: no thanks

Something I want to always remember: what it feels like to be pregnant, how lucky I am to carry my own child, to feel the baby move

Size of baby?: head of lettuce (18 in, 3.2 lbs)

Weight gain?: I've gained 23 lbs total so far.

Sleep?: I toss and turn every few hours. And it's work to turn over. I need a forklift. Seriously.

Best Moment of the Week? M was doing imaginary play and set out a plate with food for her baby sister. I pretty much melted. She's going to be the best big sister.

Miss Anything? Being able to move around with ease, or sleeping comfortably. Or being able to not be winded when I climb a set of stairs. Or not be congested.

Movement?: yes!

Food Cravings?: none

Gender?: sweet Baby Girl!

Symptoms?: heartburn. Ohmygosh the heartburn. Tums are being used often. And I now have pepcid to take. This baby may very well come out with a full head of hair like her sissy did. Love!

Belly button in or out?: In, thankfully. Let's hope it stays that way.

Looking forward to: Seeing M with her sibling. What a great sister we know she'll be.

Next baby check-up?: early June.



 


13 comments:

  1. you look great! i cannot believe you're 30 weeks! of course, pregnancies always go faster for those not growing the humans, right? So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You don't have much longer to go before you meet baby girl #2!! I'm with you on the heartburn, and I've got indigestion mixed in there too! It's been an exciting journey so far, love how you're documenting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your so uncomfortable:( I pray that you don't get much worse!! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so fab, friend!

    I hope you have no more bouts of scariness. Take care of yourself!!!

    So, tell us the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shirt! :) Drink that water, lady. I feel your pain because I was constantly dehydrated during both pregnancies and getting contractions because I hated (and still hate!) drinking water. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww Mama S you look ahhhhmazing!
    10 more weeeks til I get to drooool over beeebeee pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I love that bump! I love what your hubs said about "his girls" and how little M set a place for her sister! So cute!

    Glad you're okay - sorry you had a scary weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Week 30 - wow! You are in the home stretch now, mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you 30 weeks?!? I love your shirt! Such cute moments with M and your husband. :) One of things I disliked about pregnancy was how winded you get. I may be overweight but pregnancy winded is way different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sire you don't need a forklift, but I know how you feel and I am 14 weeks behind you! So close now, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 30 wks?! Where does the time go? I'm not good at drinking water either. I just never get thirsty. I did start adding fruit to my water. It definitely helps. Miss you friend! Life has been so crazy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HEY! We just opened our brand new HD Radio Station in Woodbridge, Virginia. If you are interested in creating a station with us based on your blog, give us a call!! We’d love to work with you!
    Royal Crown Studios: 703-490-9028

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry you were sick. Hope your feeling better and drinking lots of fluids! Happy late Mother's day btw.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved