There are so many things that I could say.
That I want to say. I have so many things TO say. But how do I say them all?
How do I explain the grief I feel? That my pregnancy cheated me?
How do I explain that I was pregnant, and then suddenly I'm not... but I was at the end of the pregnancy and suddenly there's no baby as the reward? When you're otherwise supposed to be in the clear and getting ready for that sweet bundle to join your life?
Today, like every other day, sucks.
But today is different, too.
Today was my due date.
For 9 months, 37 weeks, I looked forward so happily to today.
I didn't wish the pregnancy away, not one time. My husband said he only wanted two kids and was adamant about it. So, I tried to soak up the pregnancy and enjoy every part of it.
I never said, "c'mon July 21st! Hurry up and get here!" because let's be honest:
9 months, in the grand scheme of things? Isn't so long.
Don't spend all of your time wishing the pregnancy to be done with. In all actuality, there will be parts of it you miss.
I've been dreading today. Since everything happened exactly 3 weeks ago today, I've been absolutely terrified of today.
I was supposed to still be pregnant the past 3 weeks. I was supposed to be waddling around (even more than I already did) the past 3 weeks. All of these "supposed to's" I have, and all because my sweet Brielle was stolen from us.
I hate it all.
I'm usually such a private person. But I've surprised myself that I've written so openly about Brielle here and on social media.
So I posted this today on Facebook. Because I want people to know that Brielle's story isn't over. Her impact is not fully known yet, but she will make a bigger difference than I know is possible. I feel it in my heart.
I wrote that post after tapping on my pregnancy app.
My due date, today, 40 weeks. I have no Bumpdate to give. I stopped having weekly bump photos at 36 weeks. I delivered Brielle at 37 weeks exactly so I never got a 37 week photo. That hurts.
My last Bumpdate post was at 35 weeks. I don't even have my last week of being pregnant documented. That hurts.
And it hurt to see the message staring me back in the face on the pregnancy app. You wait so long for something.. something you prayed so long for, were so grateful for, everything good came from it.. and then it's taken from you and there's nothing you can do about it.
And I can't help but wonder, because Brielle was only 4lbs 15oz at 37 weeks - would she have gotten to 6lbs had she gone full term? Would she have made it into "watermelon" status? Or would she still be so petite and another fruit?
Through all of these thoughts, I must be strong.
For whom I need to be strong, I have no clue. M and The Husband have been my rocks during this stormy weather. Our families have been life rafts that have picked me up when I drifted off again.
Everyone has been strong for me.
I hope one day, I'll be strong again.
For my daughter. My husband. Our families. Friends.
But today?
I am weak.
So very very weak.





im so sorry that you had to go thru an experience like this. please let me know if there is anything that i can do.
ReplyDeletemarie - listeningratherthenspeaking.com
I want to come give you a big hug! I am so incredibly sorry that you are hurting so bad. I am always thinking about you. *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteSo so sorry...sending lots of love your way. Be strong mama, I know it hurts.
ReplyDeleteYou're incredibly strong whether you realize it or not. You have already learned so much from this. You're allowed to grieve. Constant prayer for you today my friend.
ReplyDeleteBrielle lives on in my heart. I think of you often. I see her little stone and pray for you. Today, for the first time, McKayla noticed it was in my car. She asked what it was and when I told her, she picked it up, closed her eyes and held it. So now I know she will always think of Brielle when she sees it, too.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs and love.
You are allowed to be weak. I don't think there's a person on this Earth who would fault you for anything that you're feeling right now. Let it all out. It's the only way you can try to heal and try to make sense of this. You're always in my thoughts, friend. Big hugs. xo
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing woman...hugs.
ReplyDeleteLove you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI personally think you sounds extremely strong. Keep talking about it. **HUGS**
ReplyDeletei wish there were more i could help you with. you are being so strong and i hope writing is helping you with your feelings. is it ok if i ask if they have a cause for losing precious brielle? you don't have to share, i'm just being a nosy neighbor. always thinking of you and still praying.
ReplyDeleteFeeling the grief and the great sadness isn't weak. It brings you to your knees, especially in the first weeks and months. You are not weak, or strong, you are just YOU. The helplessness sucks too.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Still praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteSweet Brielle. I wish I could hug you as I have said before. I know it doesn't seem like it but you will be strong again. You have your husband and M, family and friends to lean on and when you are stronger you will return the favor to them. Thinking of you, as always.
ReplyDeleteYou have to be strong for Brielle.. she's still your daughter. When I'm having a bad day with grief and missing my son, Miller-- I have to remind myself that I'm still a Mother and ask myself if I would want him to see me upset or sad if he was here. Our Angels are always with us, in everything that we do.
ReplyDelete